The Drama program at Forest Lake Christian School has as its primary goal to equip students to learn how to communicate using a wide variety of methods; including verbal dialogue, body language, and emotional expression. These methods are practiced and used to effectively tell a story or convey a message. The students learn the value of God’s Word in every aspect of life and how to glorify Him with their talents and abilities. In addition, the goal is to also teach them other important life skills like concentration, observation, poise, verbal and non-verbal expression, cooperation, listening skills and team work.
Excellent performances require more than good actors; talented individuals are necessary to manage the technology used for sound, lighting, and special effects. Others are required to design and create costumes and act as make-up and hair styling artists. Still others are responsible for set design and construction. Strong programs also require a great deal of support from the school community and Forest Lake Christian School is blessed with an abundance of individuals who give freely of their time and talents to help sustain this creative endeavor.
- Recognize the inherent value of God’s Word in every aspect of life, including drama.
- Grow in confidence in who God has created them to be and positively using the gifts He has given them to bless others.
- Improve communication skills, concentration, and poise through various means of performing and applying that to other subjects and areas of life.
- Discover verbal and nonverbal expression which enhances the ability to communicate effectively both in and out of the classroom.
- Learn cooperation, listening skills, and teamwork by collaborating with fellow students in creative ventures such as class improvisations, stage building, and performances.
“For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose. Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life-in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing.” Philippians 2:13-16
High School Vice Principal / Teacher / ASB Advisor
Education: B.S. in Social Studies from The Masters College and Chapman University, California Single Subject Teaching Credential, ACSI Standard Teaching Credential in History.
At Forest Lake Christian School since 2004